Friday 17th to Sunday 19th March 2017 with Claire Thomas
Step away from the demands of daily life with our retreat style weekend in Hebden Bridge. A few days before the Equinox, we will come together to mark the passing of Winter and celebrate the new beginnings of Spring. A time of balance and personal growth. There will be yoga, meditation and deep relaxation interspersed with short periods of silence.
Our base for the weekend is a beautiful private hostel a few minutes walk from Hebden Bridge. The hostel is light, spotlessly clean and full of positive energy, making it the perfect space for our time together. Meals will be vegetarian served with beautifully baked local breads, fruit, herbal teas and coffee.
The weekend will follow the routine of simple ashram style living. With arrival from 5:00pm on Friday afternoon, we will begin with Yoga Nidra before dinner. Each day will start with early morning yoga, pranayama and meditation. During the day there will be further yoga practice, teachings, time for questions and a late afternoon Yoga Nidra.
In addition to the teachings, there will be a few hours of free time on Saturday afternoon for quiet reflection. You may wish to curl up in the snug, sleep, wander in to Hebden Bridge or take a stroll in the surrounding countryside. On Saturday evening we will share a meal together in a local vegetarian restaurant – those of you that joined us in 2016 will know just how fabulous the food was!!
We will be joined over the weekend by Bhavani – Bridget Rowan – a Satyananda trained yoga teacher based in Leeds. Bhavani has a special interest in the rhythms of the universe as a means of re-connecting with nature and the environment through our yoga practice. Bhavani created a beautiful hand-sewn visual representation of how the cycles of the sun, the moon and the solar year integrate and inform our lives, encouraging us to work with them to achieve our highest potential.
The weekend will close at 3pm on Sunday. The weekend allows time and space for quiet reflection and periods of mouna (inner silence). There will be wholesome food and the shared energy of the group to sustain and support your practice.
Tell me more…
Sitting high on the hill side over the town of Hebden Bridge, the hostel has it’s own practice space with floor to ceiling windows, a snug to curl up and cosy en-suite rooms. Accommodation will be twin or triple share. All meals, tea, coffee and fruit are included in the cost along with dinner on Saturday night. Please advise with your booking if you have any food intolerances.
Bring your usual yoga clothes, mat and blanket along with a towel and toiletries. The hostel is a shoe free zone, slippers or woolly socks are recommended.
If you want to walk on Saturday afternoon bring warm comfortable clothing and sensible footwear. The hostel is up a hill (a proper hill!) so flat shoes are recommended for dinner on Saturday evening. Hebden Bridge is a little alternative and quite down to earth so no need to dress for dinner!
The hostel is located less than a mile from the centre of Hebden Bridge. Hebden is a quirky and relaxed market town in the beautiful surroundings of the Calder Valley in West Yorkshire. It can be reached by car using the A1/M62/A58/A646. If you prefer to use public transport, it is approximately one hour by train from Leeds and a 5-10 minute walk to the hostel.
Cost: £235 (12 spaces) —> BOOK NOW
Deposit £100. Balance due 1st February. 24/1/17 FULLY BOOKED
If you live locally and would like to join us for the weekend we have a limited number of non-residential spaces:
Non-Residential – Friday 5pm-Sunday 3pm
Suitable for those who live in the area or who will stay with family or friends for the weekend. The non-residential option includes all yoga, teaching, meals and dinner on Saturday night.
Cost is £160 (2 spaces) —> BOOK NOW 24/1/17 FULLY BOOKED
How Hebden Are You?
Join in with our Christmas & New Year fun, by entering our competitions below:
- Competition No 1 – Mill Wordsearch
- We’re starting with a really easy one!!! Complete the competition-1-mills-wordsearch and return it to us with a £1 donation for charity Nelson’s Journey.
- …and the winner is Jean Gherardi. Well done Jean!
- Competition No 2 – Retail Therapy… Mindful Colouring!
- So we thought that after weeks of Christmas shopping you might need something to soothe your frayed nerves!! It’s time to get in touch with your creative side with our fab High Street inspired colouring competition… Competition 2 Retail Therapy Colouring.
- …and the winner is Andrea Pikett. Well done Andrea, Daniel, Reece & Finlay!
- Competition No 3 – Spot the Difference
- So the last one took a bit more time to do. This one is nice an easy…. Competition 3 Spot the Difference.
- …and the winner is Heidi Taylor. Well done Heidi!
- Competition No 4 – Match the Dog to the Owner
- Unless you live in Hebden (or have special powers?!) this one is going to be down to luck! Competition 4 Match the Dog to the Owner Write the name of the dog next to the person you think owns it and return to us by Thursday 16th February, either at the studio or by post to Padma Yoga c/o Spalding Constitutional Club, Broad Street, Spalding, Lincs PE11 1TB. Please remember to send your £1 charity donation. It’s a really good cause.
- The lucky winner will be announced on Tuesday 21st Febrruary and will receive a £20 Padma Yoga Gift Voucher. We’ll donate a further £20 to Nelson’s Journey.
How Hebden Are You? Fancy Dress Yoga Night – Friday 3rd February
THE TIME HAS COME!!! We know that dressing a bit Hebden Bridge will come naturally to some of our fab yogi types. Let’s face it, who doesn’t love wearing baggy pants and a t-shirt that might have seen better days. But to truly do Hebden justice, you really have to get in to the spirit of things good and proper.
A really funky place, Hebden is the home to loads of wonderfully talented, creative, environmentally conscious peoples. It’s a very open community, so social convention is about accepting people for who they are, rather than judging based on stereotypes. An approach that resonates deeply with us yogi types.
So, get to the back of your wardrobe and find the most alternative outfit you own. Dig out your stripey tights, leg warmers, seen better days rock band t-shirt and tie die. There will be wooly hats, ripped jeans, hot pants, wafty cotton tunics, wooly jumpers… pretty much anything goes. The only condition… you have to dress up!!! We’re gonna have some fun.
Starting at 7pm, we’re going yoga, chant and laugh our way through the evening. There will be a fashion parade at the end of the yoga practice to decide who looks the most Hebden. There will of course be a Padma Yoga Gift Voucher for the winner. We also have a voucher for MISHISHI for a wash & blow dry or hair up and some fab hair products by Label.m. Come and join us for yoga, fun, a cuppa and cake afterwards.
For this one we ask that you to make a donation of £5, you can give a little more if you want to. All proceeds will go to our charity. It will be a fab opportunity to have some fun and get in to the Hebden Groove.
A big thank you to Shelley & Katie at MISHISHI. Lizzi at Geo. Adams for nibbles. Janene of Monday Improvers for cake baking. Much love to you all ladies. THANK YOU!!!